- This event has passed.
KONL 16th Annual Leadership Conference Day 1
October 15, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
You are invited to the Kentucky Organization of Nurse Leaders’ 16th Annual Leadership Conference!
Thursday, October 15 beginning at 1:00pm, and Friday, October 16 beginning at 10am (see agenda on the conference website for date and time details)
Target Audience: Nurses across all settings, as nurses are leaders in patient care at all levels; nurse leaders holding defined leadership roles in healthcare and other diverse settings; RN consultants, deans and faculty of nursing programs; nurse leaders in professional organizations, and nursing students.
Objectives: At the end of the seminar the attendees will be able to:
- List the five primary competencies for Executive Nursing Leadership as designed by the American Organization for Nurse Leaders.
- Describe strategies for Nurse Leaders to sharpen the competencies of Knowledge, Professionalism, and Business Skills.
- Discuss strategies for Nurse Leaders to hone the competencies of Leadership and Communication.
- Identify specific challenges that the COVID-19 crisis has presented for Nurse Leaders in regard to the five AONL Nurse Leader competencies.
- Discuss AONL and KONL activities in the past year and their impact on professional nursing practice in Kentucky.
Free for KONL members!